The Kitchen Takeover curates exciting world food events at great locations and offers bespoke private dining and catering services in Puglia.
We are two sisters, Amy the Chef and Abi who relocated to Puglia this year following two wonderful years in the South of France. Amy has over twenty years of cheffing experience at a number of reputable fast-paced restaurants and gastropubs in London and Kent, where she gained extensive experience in producing interesting food menus and dishes in a wide range of world cuisines.
In Puglia, we are developing a wide-ranging food business that involves private dining and catering but also bringing people together for different food events that could be supper clubs or cooking schools at different locations.
We are really enjoying ourselves in Puglia and are making some great friends and connections. The Puglian people are amazing and the food culture here is fantastic and we are learning a lot. There are some fantastic restaurants here, particularly in Lecce and we have also been lucky enough to have eaten at the homes of some Italian friends.
However, we do still miss many of the ethnic food cultures we enjoy in the UK but much of this is not available here in Puglia and are connecting with other people who feel the same way plus Italians interested in exploring other culinary traditions. So we are filling a big food gap here for the expatriate communities from the UK, Northern Europe, the US, Canada & Australia.
Amy can produce exciting food menus for the following cuisines; Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, Caribbean, Lebanese, Turkish, Spanish, French & Modern European. We have also successfully identified local food producers and food shops to source some of the special ingredients required for our menus as we aim to be authentic and respectful to the traditional cuisine.
When booking a villa holiday in Puglia there may be many reasons for you to consider booking a Personal Chef for your stay. You may have childcare responsibilities that make eating out a challenge. You don’t want to do an extensive food shop. You just want to relax with your family and friends. You have a special occasion that you wish to celebrate.
We can agree a bespoke menu for you for any occasion. We can also advise you on wine selection to accompany your food.
Vegetarians and vegans are also very well catered for within our global food concept.
We charge 50€ per head for a meal that will consist of an amuse bouche and then three courses that will include a dessert. This is an adult price and we can discuss a child menu and price directly at the time of booking. Wine advice and purchasing can also be discussed at the time of booking if required.
We will also establish if there are any food allergies or restrictions to be taken account of when creating your food menu.
We are happy to have an informal discussion regarding your requirements without any commitment on your part.
- Roasted fennel, burrata & crispy Parma ham bruschetta
- Pea & ham frittata
- Siciliano swordfish with raisins & pine nuts
- Torta Ubriaca (traditional Italian red wine & chocolate cake) served with cream
- Ricotta cheese & sausage bruschetta with melting mozzarella
- Puglian orecchiette pasta broccoli rabe
- Grilled Italian ribeye steak with salsa verde served with Parmesan potatoes
- Raspberry tiramisu with saffron flavoured ricotta
- Peach, rocket, burrata & fresh mint salad with honey pecans
- Cacio e Pepe ( spaghetti with Pecorino cheese sauce)
- Roasted sea bream with Nduja (a soft spicy Calabrian sausage) tomato & black olives
- Mousse al cioccolato
- Gambas Pil Pil – King prawns with garlic, paprika & chilli served with tomato toasts
- Chicken & Seafood Paella Basque Bacalao à la Vizcaina (salted fish with a Romesco sauce)
- Patatas Bravas
- Torta de Queso (a Spanish cheesecake)